Individual needed to contribute to efforts in online application development used for testing, education, training, and psychological research. Duties may include, but not be limited to, supporting projects that involve:
* Online Survey, Assessment, and Item Banking platform design, development, and maintenance.
* Custom web application and database development
* Maintaining web servers and services
* Support for Training development/Instructional systems design (computer-based & online)
* Interact with clients to create Software requirements, test case development, and user acceptance documentation
* Reports, briefings, and other work product preparation
* Systems integration with Learning Management Systems, Applicant Tracking systems or other Testing platforms
Bachelorís degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other equivalent area and 5 years related professional experience is required (equivalent demonstrated ability may be considered).
Advanced skills in ASP.NET, C#, MVC 3+, Entity Framework, jQuery, MS SQL, and working with web servers are required. Strong skills with HTML 5, Kendo UI, and using the Agile method in Visual Studio Team Services are important. Familiarity with other JS frameworks (such as angular or node.js), CSS, Web Accessibility (Section 508), SCORM, animation, multimedia, interactive GUI, or mobile devices is highly desirable.
Knowledge of scientific method is useful but not essential. Competency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and effective written and oral communication skills, willingness to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects, and ability to work as a member of a team are essential. Completing tasks independently, effectively, and on time is important.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization located near Old Town Alexandria, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human resource management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis and numerous other areas that have broad impact.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.