Research Associate - NOV16-02
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with education and experience.|
|Benefits:||Full benefits package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||HumRRO’s Validity Investigations for Education and the Workplace (VIEW) program is seeking a motivated individual to contribute to the organization’s educational research activities. Individual will participate in ongoing studies and serve as a member of a research team. Individual also will participate in expansion of existing contracts and development of new business through proposal writing and business networking. Projects may include, but not be limited to:|
• Validity Studies for large-scale assessment programs, including elements of assessment ranging from item development, to test construction, test administration and scoring
• Evaluation of educational programs and policies, primarily related to the
• measurement of student achievement
• measurement of educator performance
• use of assessment results
• quality of interventions targeting student achievement or educator performance
• Alignment studies linking assessments with standards, guiding documentation, instructional practices, and curriculum
Preferred candidates will have experience with a range of data collection methods including surveys, focus groups, interviews, and observations. Preference will also be given to candidates with experience using the following analytical approaches:
• correlational analysis
• regression analysis
• exploratory factor analysis (EFA) and confirmatory factor analysis (CFA)
• content analysis
The position requires knowledge of educational measurement and policy issues; a strong foundation in applied research design, and familiarity with statistical/analytical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, NVivo); the ability to ensure technical quality, meet deadlines, adhere to budget; strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects, and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs. Candidates with a master’s degree in educational measurement, educational policy, educational psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, or a closely related discipline are preferred; however, those with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.