Research Scientist - OCT18-01
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Education and Experience|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||HumRRO’s Validity Investigations for Education and the Workplace (VIEW) program is seeking a motivated individual to contribute to the organization’s education and workplace research activities. Individual will participate in ongoing studies and serve as a member of a research team. Individual also will participate in expansion of existing contracts and development of new business through proposal writing and business networking. Projects may include, but not be limited to:|
• Design and implement research and analysis plans;
• Conduct classical and IRT item analyses, test scoring and equating, standard setting, and reliability and validity studies for large-scale testing programs;
• Develop and use psychometric tools to critically evaluate accuracy of results and decisions made during the operational scoring of tests;
• Develop programs using SAS or R to manipulate and merge large data files;
• Collect and analyze data gathered through various means (e.g., focus groups, surveys, extant databases)
• Write technical reports and orally present project findings.
The position requires knowledge of psychometric measurement, including item response theory, equating, and differential item functioning; experience manipulating, merging, and cleaning large data files through user-written syntax in SAS or R; a strong foundation in applied research design, test construction and validation, methodology and statistics (using SAS, R, and/or SPSS); the ability to ensure technical quality, meet deadlines, and adhere to budgets; strong organizational skills and teamwork skills; and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of tasks and projects and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs. Candidates with a doctorate in educational measurement, quantitative psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, or a closely related discipline are preferred; however, those with a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.